Thursday, November 19, 2009

My thoughts on "Killing Yourself to Live"

At first the book was interesting, but the more that Chuck talked about rock groups and music artist the less interested I became. Not because he related everything to music, but because I was unfamiliar with some of the references. It became difficult to stay interested and focused, because I could not relate to the his musical references. Where I did know the music and the artists I felt interested to read on, so it was an on off relationship. Towards the end of the book it got interesting, I wanted to know what happened to Quincy and why she stood him up. Also his ending helped put the book in perspective, after he tells us the book is really about the love. Thinking back on certain parts of the book it made a little more sense. I would not reccommed this book to just anyone, it just is not that kind of book. However, I would reccommed it to someone who likes music as much as Chuck...

1 comment:

  1. I didnt like the book from the start, but I can relate to how you felt about being lost in the music and some of the references that he used. They were all through the book and definitely made me feel like an outsider. Like he was speaking a language I didn't understand. I guess it would have been nice to know what happened at the end but I will have to rely on word of mouth because I am not reading it anymore.

    ReplyDelete